Going Somewhere? // Weekend Trip Essentials
Easter, and Spring Break are both right around the corner I know most of us are going somewhere. If you are anything like me, then you haven’t even begun to pack and you leave tomorrow! This is the part where I’m running around packing up all my kids and hubbies stuff and nearly forget to pack my own bags. Sound about right?? So what do we really need to bring for a quick weekend trip?! I’ll let you in on what my weekend essentials are.
What’s In My Travel Bag
Let’s start with skincare and then work our way into makeup. Cleanser, is a must! When selecting your moisturizer try and choose one with SPF that way you can use it for both day and night… less we have to remember to pack. Facial wipes are also a great alternative to Cleansers. If you are going long distance via airplane or road-trip then i’d recommend packing a hydrating mask. There are a million different types out there so make a pit stop at the closest CVS or grocery store and grab one. Hydrating your face after traveling will help keep your skin looking plump and fresh!!! Okay now that we have hit the mandatory skincare deets, let’s move on to makeup!
You can totally alter this to your needs. I often let my skin breath on weekend trips, so I skip the foundation. Now if you prefer to wear some then bring along a BB cream or a small compact. BB creams are great because they often have SPF in them & they are super light, so if you plan on laying out by the pool this weekend, then you won’t have to worry about sweating off thick and heavy makeup. Blush is a must have!! After applying foundation we tend to have little to no dimension so we need just a little blush to give us that natural look.
It is amazing what a little mascara can do! Just throw on a light coat during the day or two coats at night for a more dramatic effect. I looooove applying color to my lips. I never go anywhere without a lip oil, lip crayon, or lipstick!!! If you plan on going out one night then throw a lipstick in your bag. A little color on your lips can totally change up your look.
Pictured below are some travel size Clinique faves that come in the most adorbs bag!!
- Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser – This creamy-mousse cleanser does a great job at removing makeup & even sunscreen. Best part is, it won’t remove your skins natural moisture so no overdrying!
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion – All Day Hydration & improves barrier strength
- Moisture Serge Extended Thirst Relief – 12 hours of soothing moisture; use as a 5 minute mask, moisturizer for a midday pick me up or at the begining of the day
- Clinique Colour Compact – We’ve got two creamy shades for your eyes and the perfect subtle blush
- Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara – Thin lashes will thank you with this super thickening mascara. Volume enhancing and no clumpping!!!
- Long Lasting Lipstick – Love the long wear color and it gives your lips a nice moist shine
- Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation + Concealer – Weightless powder that allows your skin to breath even in the most humid destinations. Super awesome if you are planning somewhere tropical or beachy!
Shop Them Here:
Love what you read, subscribe to the blog for more!! As always, comment below with your weekend essential faves & tips!!