We’ve all had makeup blunders. And that’s okay! What’s not okay, is not learning from them!!! Here are the top makeup mistakes I see women constantly making, and how you can correct them. Make sure to share this post with your friends and family, so they don’t go through the same horror!! LOL
1. Matching your foundation to your hand instead of your jawline. Our faces are much more paler than the rest of our bodies. They’re exposed to more sun and we’re constantly exfoliating/washing away skin cells and color. To find your true foundation shade, match the color with your neck or jawline, not your cheek or the back of your hand! Check out my post on how to find the right foundation shade for you!
2. Concealer should go in a triangle position when you place it under your eye. Start from the inner corner and drag it straight down next to your nose. Continue from the start and drag down at an angle, rather than placing dots directly on the crease. This helps the most to prevent creasing. Make sure to set your concealer with a translucent powder, otherwise it’ll slide right off!
3. For most people, the trouble comes from over applying blush or bronzer. You can fix this mistake by grabbing a big, very fluffy powder brush and either translucent or foundation powder to gently go over the area. This will lessen the harsh colors without having to start all over!
4. Having trouble applying your false lashes? We’ve all been there. Next time you put on a pair of falsies, measure them according to your eye shape first. You may need to trim a bit of the edges so it doesn’t make your eyes appear droopy. Then wait at least 45 seconds to 1 minute before placing them on your lash line. This gives the glue time to become tacky, making it less slippery and A LOT more easier to put on! Ardell Lashes and Duo Glue are my favorite false lash combination!
5. Skipping lip primer! Just like your face, your lips need a base in order to keep your lipstick from smearing or drying out! Use a lip primer, or even a simple lip balm to get your lips smooth and hydrated before you apply your lip liner. Don’t just use your lip liner as the border for your lips. Actually fill in your lips with a layer of lip liner before applying your first coat of lipstick. This will help it last much longer! Check out my post on how to find the right shade of red lipstick for you!
6. Not using a setting spray! Whether you have dry, oily or combination skin, a setting spray is the miracle in a bottle you never knew you needed! It keeps your makeup in place ALL DAY LONG! Makeup Forever’s Mist & Fix and Urban Decay’s Setting Spray are two of my favorites!
7. Sleeping in your makeup. Nope. Don’t do it! I don’t care how tired you are! One time becomes twice, and soon enough, it’ll become habit! I know how tired you are after a long day, but your face needs some fresh air! Give your face a break and rehydrate it with a nighttime moisturizer, toner, serum and an eye cream. It’ll make all the difference in the long run.
8. Applying your makeup in the wrong lighting! Opt for a window for some natural lighting, unless you’re blessed with a high-powered lamps. Otherwise the uneven lighting from your room lightbulbs (no matter how bright they may be), can be misleading. Natural lighting gives you the most accurate and even source of light for you to apply your makeup without any blending or overlayering mistakes.
9. Keeping your makeup past its due date! Read my post here on when you should toss out that mascara and foundation and other products!!
What are some makeup tips you’d like to share? Let me know!!
(images via mymakeupideas, thetipznet, buzzfeed, dailymakeover)