2015 was a really great year for me! Reflecting back on everything I accomplished, new friends I made and how much I’ve grown gives me perspective of how lucky I am to live the life I do, and what goals I still want to tackle!!!! So before 2015 comes to an end, I thought I’d share the top 5 best things that happened to me this year! But I wanted to do something a little different. Now I know I’m always doing something makeup-related, I mean I am a celebrity makeup artist after all. But I wanted to share my more personal moments with everyone. This blog and this journey I’m on is a way for me to express myself and connect with everyone I can, anyway I can!
After you’ve read my list, I encourage you to make your own! Go outside under a tree, go to your favorite chair in your home or even just take a stroll around the block. Write down/think about your year, what you did, who you did them with, who you met or lost, you happiest moments, and even your sad ones. And reflect on how it made you stronger!!!!
So here are my top 5 moments of 2015:
- The birth of my son Simon— self explanatory (:
- Making amends with my Father. Ever since my mother died, my dad and I haven’t been able to see eye to eye. So much of our dynamic had changed. Call me crazy, but one day in spin class it clicked (it must have been all those endorphins!). Along with my guru husband coaching me, I had my ‘Aha!’ moment. I knew I had to change because my dad never would. I’m telling you this was not easy. We were in a terrible place. But somehow I swallowed my pride and now I’m writing this from his house in West Palm Beach. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. Life is short. Make up with someone this year!
- Loving and being grateful for what I do. I’ve worked so hard to get where I am and I’m so grateful for my job. I get to make people smile and feel good everyday. I know it was the reason I was put on this earth.
- Spending time with my family. I love, love my family.They recharge me. They remind me why this life is so special. I am blessed and I know it.
- Feeling more comfortable in my skin. Since I can remember, I was a people pleaser. Since losing my mother and having two kids I’ve realized and paid attention to that little voice in my head. The good voice. I now protect myself and my family. I love myself in a healthy, evolved way that wasn’t so familiar to me in the past!
Get ready to say goodbye to 2015, and get ready for everything 2016 has in store for you!
(image via yoursmallbusinessgrowth)